Beginners Creative Writing Course (6 Weeks)With Olive O’Brien. Starting 07/07/2020
Start Date: 7th July 2020
This Online Beginners Creative Writing Course is suitable for complete beginners. It’s also suitable if you haven’t written anything for a while and if you’d like some help with your writing routine.
There will be weekly notes and assignments over the course of six weeks. You will receive written feedback on all assignments.
(1) Introduction – The importance of observation and the power of memory. How to find ideas.
(2) Characterisation – What makes successful characters in fiction?
(3) Point of View – Every piece of writing comes from a particular point of view. We’ll look at the differences between first person and third person.
(4) Plot and Endings – Plot, endings and some do’s and don’t’s!
(5) Dialogue and Setting – How to write effective dialogue and setting.
(6) Revision and Getting Published – Revision, how to improve your writing and get your work into print.
To find out more about how the online courses work, or if you have any further queries, you can check out our Frequently Asked Questions or email us at info@creativewriting..co.nz.
Our cancellation/refund policy may be viewed here.