Beginners Creative Writing Course (6 Weeks)With Olive O’Brien. Starting 25/08/2020
Start Date: 25th August 2020 – 2 places remaining
This Online Beginners Creative Writing Course is suitable for complete beginners. It’s also suitable if you haven’t written anything for a while and if you’d like some help with your writing routine.
There will be weekly notes and assignments over the course of six weeks. You will receive written feedback on all assignments.
Our beginners courses are in huge demand and are filling up very quickly, so we recommend booking early to avoid disappointment.
(1) Introduction – In the first week, we’ll look at how to find ideas, the importance of observation and the power of memory.
(2) Characterisation – Characters are often the reason we read in the first place and we need someone to identify with. In this module we’ll examine what makes successful characters in fiction.
(3) Point of View – Every piece of writing comes from a particular point of view. We’ll examine first person and third person in the third module.
(4) Plot and Endings – Whatever you’re writing, there will be a plot. We will also examine endings and some do’s and don’t’s!
(5) Dialogue, Settings – In the fifth module we’ll look at how to write effective dialogue. We’ll also examine setting.
(6) Revision and Getting Published – The final module deals with revision, how to improve your writing and get your work into print.
To find out more about how the online courses work, or if you have any further queries, you can check out our Frequently Asked Questions or email us at email@example.com.
Our cancellation/refund policy may be viewed here.