Creative Writing NZ CompetitionPosted 4 weeks ago under Uncategorised,
Creative Writing NZ Competition
Winner May 2019: Lilian James-Gets. You can read the winning entry here.
- As we receive a lot of emails, please do not email us with any questions about our competition. All rules are listed below.
- The Creative Writing NZ competition is open to all writers aged 18 or over, all nationalities. Entries should be in English.
- This is an ongoing monthly competition. The deadline is the last date of every month.
- Submit one story each month.
- Any theme.
- Your story should not exceed 3,000 words.
- Free to enter.
- Send your entry to email@example.com.
- Please include the word count on the first page.
- Please submit your entry in one of the following formats: Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text Format (.rtf), and OpenOffice/NeoOffice (.odt).
- Your story should be unpublished (exception: publication on personal blogs and personal social media are acceptable).
- Your story must not have won a monetary prize in any other writing competition.
- All submissions should be the writer’s original work.
- There will be one winner every month. First prize is $30. We send the prize money through PayPal.
- The results will be published on our website, our Facebook and Twitter pages by the 30th of the following month.
- While we appreciate all competition entries, only the winners and shortlisted entrants will be contacted.
- We reserve the right not to award any prize if we are dissatisfied with the standard of entries.
- Authors retain all rights to their work.
- The winning author will be given the option to publish their story on our website.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence can be entered into.