Writing For Children Course with Oisin McGannWith Oisín McGann. Starting 13/09/2022
Start Date: 13th September 2022
2 places remaining
This online writing for children course is suitable for adults who would like to write books for children or young adults.
There are six modules over the course of six weeks. Students will receive weekly notes, tips and assignments to help them. The tutor will read each assignment and the student will receive written feedback on the assignments.
Each module will have four elements: Writing Stages, Story Elements, Reading Levels, Exercises. Each week, one or two of the exercises will be aimed at a different reading level, from first-time reader up to fluent reader.
The tutor will email you on the course start date with your first module; please check your Spam/Junk folder for this email.
• Writing Stage: Planning Your Story.
• Story Elements: Creating Characters.
• Writing Stage: Setting a Routine.
• Story Elements: Creating a Location or Setting.
• Writing Stage: Writing and Re-Writing.
• Story Elements: Establishing a Problem – the Key to a Plot.
• Writing Stage: Getting Published.
• Story Elements: Atmosphere, Pace.
• Writing Stage: Editing and Production.
• Story Elements: Language – Narrative, Description and Dialogue.
• Promotion and the Writing Business.
• World-Building and Adaptable Concepts.
“I thought the writing for children course was fantastic. It was structured well and the exercises were interesting and challenging. I feel I really got a lot out of the feedback and the hints and tips were extremely helpful, and I’m putting some into practice as we speak!” – Nigel
If you have any further queries, you can check out our Frequently Asked Questions or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our cancellation/refund policy may be viewed here.