Advanced Creative Writing Course with Kerry HadleyWith Kerry Hadley-Pryce. Starting 31/05/2022
Start Date: May 31st, 2022 – 2 places remaining
You don’t have to be online at any particular time or day. Instead, this advanced creative writing course is carried out through email correspondence, so you can read the notes whenever it suits you. There will be weekly notes and assignments over the course of six weeks. Your tutor will read each assignment and provide written feedback.
Note: The tutor will email you on the course start date with your first module; please check your Spam/Junk folder for this email.
This is a course for adults.
Week 1: Finding Your Inspiration
We will explore ways to stimulate creativity and to encourage that genie out of the lamp by looking at ways to:
– Invigorate your imagination
– Write what you don’t know
– Be brave and explore ideas
Week 2: Travel writing
We will explore what ‘Travel Writing’ is, or could be, by looking at ways to liberate your thinking about what a ‘journey’ is and consider the four key elements of travel writing:
– Sense of place
– Symbolism of journeys
– Stories/journeys as transformative experiences
– Narrative voice
Week 3: Writing from the Senses
We will explore ways in which we can use all our senses to create writing that engages our reader by looking at ways to:
– Use six different types of sensory imagery
– Use our observations and reactions to the everyday
– Tap into your own sensory experiences and convey them in writing
Week 4: Adding Humour to your Writing
We will explore ways to a sense of humour to your writing by looking at ways to:
– Turn everyday moments into funny stories
– Connect with your audience on a different level
– Design characters/setting/dialogue that amuse and entertain
(PS: You do not have to be a comedian or even consider yourself a ‘funny person’ to attend
and enjoy this Week.)
Week 5: Creative Non-fiction Revisited
We will explore forms of non-fiction and what makes creative non-fiction by looking at ways to:
– Write about something we know in a creative and imaginative way
– Access our creative skills to inform and explain
– Summon ideas from our memory and write them in an original way
Week 6: Honing your Craft
We will explore ways to make ourselves better writers, and ways of selective listening to our inner critic by looking at ways to:
– Experiment with different styles
– Be bold with form
– Get out of our comfort zone
To find out more about how the online courses work, or if you have any further queries, you can check out our Frequently Asked Questions or email us at email@example.com.
Our cancellation/refund policy may be viewed here.